Ook beschikbaar in het: Dutch
Kicken your gambling addiction in Amsterdam
We treat clients as we want to be treated ourselves
“Successfully finished a very educational course, I’m very glad to have found Kick your Habits.”
Experience of a client who successfully completed a treatment of ours in November, 2016. Shared on the independent review site ‘Zorgkaart Nederland’.
WE GET YOU MOVING IN A WAY THAT SUITS YOU.
Gambling can put you in a trance. It is relaxing, making you forget about everything around you. The thrill of winning -or losing- gives you a kick. Adrenalin and endorphins make you feel good. Similar to alcohol and drugs, this excitement provides your brain with a dopamine boost.
If you have a sensitivity to it, gambling can be addictive, like alcohol and drugs. As soon as you stop, you miss that nice, rewarding feeling that gambling gives you.
Whenever you’re trying not to gamble, you feel restless. You become more and more obsessed with gambling, both in your mind and in your behavior. You can’t focus as well as you did on other things and you pay less attention to your loved ones. You start doing things in secret.
When you notice that it’s difficult to go without gambling, it’s time to intervene. Check the list below to see if you are at risk of becoming addicted to gambling, or if you’re already addicted.
- I sometimes have money problems due to gambling.
- I sometimes try to keep my gambling a secret from others.
- I sometimes argue with loved ones regarding my money spending habits.
- I sometimes tell people I won money, when actually I lost.
- Sometimes gambling interferes with my job, relationship, or education.
- I sometimes gamble, even if I intended not to.
- I sometimes feel guilty about my gambling habit.
- I sometimes feel like I should stop gambling.
- I sometimes return (online or to a casino/gambling hall) to try and win back the money I lost the previous day.
- I have borrowed money to gamble and I haven’t paid it back yet.
The sooner you intervene, the less damage will be done. We can help you with that.
Call us to schedule an appointment. We will work together to exchange your bad habit for a better one.