Ook beschikbaar in het: Dutch
Outdoor patient care Amsterdam
The sooner you intervene, the better
“Every day the intention to change, but it never happens. Increasingly tough on myself, drinking more and more.”
Look here to read the experiences of a client who successfully completed an addiction treatment with us in Amsterdam.
We developed an addiction treatment concept in Amsterdam that connects with the current busy man or woman with bad habits and addictions. We see addiction as a normal process that got out of hand. Something that initially worked before you (pleasure, consolation, distraction, self-confidence) turns against you.
“We make sure that you get moving in a way that suits you.”
Do I have a problem? The following characteristics can indicate a dependence:
- You’re unable to make reliable agreements with yourself. You may be able to stop using for a period of time, but you’re unable to control your use over a longer period.
- Using is always on your mind. You always know exactly how much there is to eat or drink in the house.
- You make plans to control your use. You try, but as soon as you fail, you let go of your plans.
- You’re not fully there at work. You work out less and eat unhealthy food.
- Your relationships suffer due to your use. Arguing with your partner. Superficial contact with your kids. Less contact with friends who don’t use as much as you do. You can feel empty and alone when you’re not using.
- You try to hide your use from others.
Then it’s time to contact our addiction care Amsterdam.
Dependent on drugs or alcohol?
Using alcohol and other substances is normal. Occasional indulgence also seems acceptable. But where is the line that divides fun and dependence? Using always has its pros and cons.
One moment you think you have a problem, the next moment you think you’re being too hard on yourself.
An intake can help us determine whether you really need addiction care or not.
Can I do it on my own or do I need addiction care?
We have a tendency to deny our dependence. That is not in bad faith, we’re just not aware. Dependence is often accompanied by shame and lies to our surroundings and ourselves.
Our surroundings usually have trouble addressing this difficult topic. Partners are usually the only ones who mention the problem to you, but since they’re alone in this, it is often disregarded as whining. Addiction care Amsterdam can help with this.
You don’t have to hit ‘rock bottom’ to profit from change.
The sooner you intervene, the easier it will be to regain control.
We collected beautiful, informative, urgent, funny videos below that we think may be able to help you, comfort you, or cheer you up. Do you know about any other videos? Email us, so that we can help others.